Tuesday 31 January 2017

Practical Estate Skills

Back to uni today, so I'll tell you a little about what I'm up to!  Had a great day today, we've been green woodworking.  A little more on that later but first let me tell you about what else we've been up to previously.

Stock Fencing
Tree Felling
Tool Repair
Hedging
Tree Planting
Stile Making
Dry Stone Walling














Please excuse the odd formatting, I'm still getting my head around how this works!
Anyway, I've thoroughly enjoyed learning all these things, they are mostly definitely a skilled job and we've only touched the surface, but hopefully I've learnt some new skills which I can build on in the future.

Today we took fresh cut chestnut logs and split them down into rustic posts to make a gate.  Lots of hard work and no gate yet, hopefully we'll get to finish it soon.  We have to restore a footpath as a project for the semester, and this gate will be part of it.  I will obviously post an update when it is installed.


Green Woodworking

Back to normal lectures tomorrow, with kick off at 9am.  Three brand new modules to get stuck into, and no doubt some assignments soon! 








No comments:

Post a Comment