Friday 27 January 2017

Stonechat

With OH and his cracked rib, it's been hard to get out and do stuff, but not over do it.  For someone who is usually up the mountains or exploring mines, it's incredibly difficult for him to rest.  He's also just got me a second hand Fitbit, as a late Christmas present, so I'm itching to go do stuff even more than normal!  But we had to make do with another gentle stroll today, up at the lakes and forestry at Clywedog.  (Well worth a visit if you're ever in the area!)  Here's my photo for the day.  Pity he's looking the other way though.




We had hoped to spot Kingfishers, but the water level of the lake has dropped about 6 feet, (it's a man made reservoir, with a dam, so the water level is controlled by human hands), so I think they must have moved fishing spot.  The perch we previously found is some way from the water now!  No fungus spotted today, but we did find otter footprints and fox scat full of bones!



2 comments:

  1. I know Clywedog quite well. We used to stay in Rhayader for many years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww lovely, and I'm originally from Cannington, just outside Bridgwater!

      Delete