Wednesday 11 January 2017

Revision

Tomorrow marks the first of my exams.  Tourism; Principles and Impacts.  I thought it would be the easiest of my exams, after all most of it is common sense.  Looking at how tourism impacts on economy, culture and the environment, what tourism is and what people's needs are.  Fairly simple.

But then we learn that we have to be able to recite definitions, and to reference those definitions.  I'm not sure what relevance it is to be able to use other people's definitions of a subject.  Surely it would make more sense to be able to define it for yourself.  I am at the early stages of my degree, so I guess for the time being, none of my work is actually my own.  It is all sourced from somewhere.

Passed papers studied - check, definitions learnt - check, diagrams and models committed to memory - check.  Guess I'm ready then.  Until my mind goes completely blank in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment